Yeti SB-66 Mountain Bike is amongst the latest and comes accompanied by very amazing features. First of all, it has a suspension platform that is designed to make it the best mountain bike on earth. Every serious mountain biker who has tested this six inch machine will definitely shower praises about its efficiency and versatility. This bike is stiffly constructed with a top tube that is long and sprung. Looking at it for the first time, you can easily confuse it with single pivot bike because it comes with a dual link design. It has a cylindrical micro-link that makes sure the lower pivot is repositioned continuously throughout travel.
The micro-link plays a very integral role in lower pivot on the rearward therefore giving the bike very good anti-squat characteristics. If the bike happens to move past sagging stage, the micro-link rotates in the opposite direction and controls the rate of chain stay growth which on the other hand reduces pedal feedback. For instance, running the shock at the recommended sag rate of 25% makes it perform at its level best. The bike is able to run equally well on rough terrain and also on rolling climbs that demand sudden bursts of pedaling.
Yeti SB-66 Mountain Bike’s climbing abilities
This bike’s climbing abilities are very noticeable. This is highly contributed by the fact that it is a six-inch mountain machine that has the ability to rail perfectly well when pointed downhill. Taking this bike for down punishing into a minefield of baby heads will deliver an easy ride. This bike is highly responsive to bump input when one is pedaling really hard. Its in-built pedaling platform plays a big role in easing the overall bike movement and linkage placement.
Looking for a sturdy mountain bike to be your sole companion in hiking adventures and mountain trails? Well, trek mamba mountain bike might just be what you need. Offering versatility, sturdiness and durability, the trek mamba bike has worked its way to the top of the most wanted mountain bikes. The following is a true and unbiased trek mamba bike review that seeks to inform you on the features, pros and cons of investing in this particular mountain bike, read on for the full details.
Yet another model from the bike company that knows it all, Trek, the Mamba mountain bike from Trek is bound to be what every hiker and biker wish they had. Keeping in mind that Trek has been around long enough to know what you want and when you want it coupled with an impressive reputation in the mountain bike market, it goes unsaid that checking out the trek mamba mountain bike is a must.
Features of the Trek Mamba Mountain Bike
1. 14.9 Kg in weight with pre-built pedals\
2. 29 inch wheels
3. G2 geometry for better handling
4. Comes with a Hydroformed Alpha Gold Aluminum tubing
5. A 9-speed drive train from Shimano
6. Extended sizing to include a 2 inch XXL sizing for the taller people
7. Double walled rims
8. Hydraulic Brakes
9. Has a 100mm Rockshox tora
1. The 29 inch wheels provide you with better stability not mentioning more ability to clear obstacles on your path.
2. The hydroformed Alpha Gold Aluminum tubing provides a sturdy yet responsive ride keeping you in control
3. The G2 geometry enables you to handle the mountain bike much better without straining
4. The extended sizing to XXL means that anyone can use this mountain bike regardless of their size
5. Quite light making it perfect for hikes and mountain trails
6. Adjustable lock out forks and double walled rims work to increase the strength of the bike
7. The preload adjustment caters for different weights making this bike even more versatile
8. Affordble compared to other mountain bikes in the market offering the same features
1. Quite heavy for a mountain bike especially of you are planning to do rocky terrains.
2. Has a 32-tooth cog which greatly limits the ability of the Trek mamba mountain bike to climb steep mountains.
3. The design of the handlebar makes it more of a city bike than a mountain bike since it is bent in a strange way.
4. There have been complaints about the bike parts being cheap and of low quality which forces one to change them often
5. The tires are tend to get worn off quite fast which means you might have to replace them soon after purchasing the mountain bike
Looking at the above Trek Mamba mountain bike review, it is obvious that with a few improvements here and there, this mountain bike could indeed be the best mountain bike in the market. Still, judging from the cons mentioned above and the various reviews doing round in the internet, you could say that the mentioned disadvantages are easy to overlook. Besides, nothing is ever perfect, sometimes you have to compromise if you want to have the best products.